Wal-Mart on US Manufacturing

How much do you think Wal-Mart in general has changed American Manufacturing if at all?

Negative or positive? I would like to hear some stories.

gary

Reply to
g-a-r-y

Has had a major effect on American manufacturing. (what's left of it.)

Mostly negative. The good news is I think their growth is gone.

I wish there were more stores like Costco in San Diego.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

manufacturing,

It's okay no worry John Mccain is gonna fix it.

Reply to
Bipolar Bear

So, uh, did y'all get my Mae West impression??

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in news:490af6c2$0$4968$ snipped-for-privacy@cv.net:

No. It was a rhetorical question in a report. But seeing that say a canning factory is considered manufacturing they have a point. If you put cola into a bottle at a bottling plant you are a manufacturer. If you put cola into a cup at a restaurant you are considered service.

The point of the question was where exactly do you draw the lines. It affects economic and tax policy.

Reply to
D Murphy

"Bipolar Bear" wrote in news:gegiog$2i47$ snipped-for-privacy@alt.net:

By losing?

Reply to
D Murphy

It's never going to stop!

McDonalds Files To Patent Making a Sandwich

Black Dragon