Wire EDM Turning

To All:

A new twist in recent years with Wire EDM turning. (pun intended ).

The sound is crappy, but look at the "fins" on the top of the pawn shaped part. Pretty cool, if you ask me.

Reply to
BottleBob

I couldn't figoure out why the top of that looked "transparent"... It's all little fins!!

WOW.

Reply to
Half-nutz

I saw mold shops doing this with motorized Harig whirlygigs in the early

1990's. Like everything else in the machine trades the idea has been greatly improved upon.
Reply to
Black Dragon

Nice find BB, I did some similar type work at Douglas Aircraft back in the late

80's, wish I had that rotating spindle then!!

"D"

Reply to
reidmachine

A better pun in the video: "..... spark some interest...." :)

Incredible, tho. And ditto Halfnutz: I didn't even realize those were the fins!!

How'd you like to take THAT home as a sample??

I wonder what rpm they turned the material at. It's proly irrelevant, no? Or simply the faster the better?

Surface finish??

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

It looked like a couple 'hunert rippum.

Reply to
Half-nutz

Why not just use a parting tool?

RogerN :-)

Reply to
RogerN

From the looks of it the situation was too delicate for that.

-plh

Reply to
plh

because there's no load with sparking.....and no lumps of swooorrffff.

Reply to
A New Day