Zeiss Calypso Retrofit

Anyone have any experience dealing with Zeiss' aftermarket service group? We had our Sheffield CMM retrofitted w/ Calypso in January

2006. There have been a TON of problems, bugs, etc.

The problem is that I can't get anyone to come down from Detroit (I'm in Cleveland) to even diagnose the problems.

They were supposed to have their German development team over here the week of July 17th and someone in my plant, when I called to confirm I got the big blow off only to receive a call later in the week to the effect they would keep me up to date and someone would be down here the next week to install patches (for problems that I'm not sure that they've actually even seen nonetheless). Well, you guessed it, no followup, no one has been in my plant.

The firm that was representing them has since stopped selling the retrofits, although they are helping us as much as possible. They have suggested calling the division VP, which I have done, to no avail, or to file a complaint against their ISO Certification, which I feel would do little more than to totally end the relationship, if you could call it that.

Anyonr have any ideas?

Reply to
patrick.reichlin

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1155063490.435010.169000 @m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

We've had good service out of Zeiss, but we buy the whole machine. No experience with retrofits or aftermarket. I would keep barking higher up the food chain until you got someone's attention. That's my philosophy anyway. You paid for it, they need to make sure it works. Threatening to file against the ISO should be enough to get someone's attention. Send it to the VP, and copy the CEO for that division. Make sure it is in writing (email or real letter, return receipt). Spell out what has went wrong, all the BS you were fed, the missed appointments, your costs due to the downtime on the machine, your expected, reasonable time line for resolution of the problem(s), and that if they cannot meet your expectations, you intend to file against the ISO Certification. That ISO Certification is a REQUIREMENT to do business with any of the automakers, the airlines, big chemical companies, etc. If they lose that, it is a major, major hit.

Reply to
Anthony

============== Its called lawyer and suit for damages.

Collect/save all your documentation [paper the case]

Unka George (George McDuffee)

...and at the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased, and the epitaph drear: ?A Fool lies here, who tried to hustle the East.?

Rudyard Kipling The Naulahka, ch. 5, heading (1892).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee