Can anybody give me a link for the history of the control theory development?

Any information would be welcome.For instance,the great achievements in the history in control theory;or papers of important iffluence.
I have heard that IEEE will award one paper per year for extrodinary contribution to the control theory.Can anybody share me that link or the same material? Contact through email are also welcome.Thank you.
snipped-for-privacy@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn (Steven XIao) wrote in message

Check out IEEE Control Systems Society at
http://www.ieeecss.org /
There are also a couple of books on control history. The Control Systems Magazine (of IEEE) have history articles. As for the paper award, there is one each for each of the three IEEE journals: IEEE Transactions on Automotic control, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, and the magazine mentioned above. These papers are announced in the journals, as well as other places.
HTH.
-RT
I have a copy of Optimum Settings for Automatic Controllers
By J.G. ZIEGLER and N. B. NICHOLS
at http://www.driedger.ca/Z-N/Z-N.html
See also http://www.autsubmit.com/editorials/ed33_12.html
Walter.