controling a contactor with a secure digital timer ?

I am looking for an inexpensive way to have a user enter a security code and then enter a timer countdown value that will then activate a relay or contactor. The access panel could not be tampered with or timer reset unless you knew the security code. I was thinking a keyed switch would be the easiest way but would not offer any duration, simple on or off. Any ideas on harware - I was thinking os some digital lcd hooked to a keypad of some sorts. But this is outside my range of expertise.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
RG

How about a cabinet with a lock? With a window in the door if need be?

There's probably a higher-tech solution available off the shelf, but sometimes the stone ax approach is still the best.

Reply to
Tim Wescott