Hellloooo lllooo looo looo ooo ooo oo o o o

Hi,

I though this newsgroup was busy with tons of experts in control theory...

I am just looking for an answer to a very simple control theory question:

What is an RST controller? What does RST stand for? Where do I find a nice tutorial about RST controllers?

Google didn't help me, so maybe you guys can?

Thanks.

Reply to
John

I don't know what it is, but I hear reliable evidence that you can't find out by Googling. I was waiting for one of the industrial guys to chip in.

What's the context? Where'd you hear about it? Could it mean proportional-integral-derivative in the native tongue of whoever said it?

Reply to
Tim Wescott

No it's something else. The R, S, T stand for the names of polynomials.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Yeah, tell me about it...I googled and googled but found nothing...That made me suspect that it was just another name for a PID controller, but the few documents I have found suggest otherwise....So I don't know what to do..

I need to read about it before going to a job interview. I appreciate your answer. Let me know if you find something...

Have a nice day..

Reply to
John

Yes. That's also what I read. But I still don't know what RST stands for. It would probably help to know when searching for litterature. And a definition of those polynomials would also be a great start...

If you know more, please share :o)

Reply to
John

Hmmmm.... Google gave me a lot of hits on "rst controller".

This one gives a block diagram that shows R and S and T blocks:

Associated would be "pole placement"...

A number of pages give examples of the R, S and T polynomial coefficients derived for a particular situation. But, I didn't see directly how they were derived from what preceded their definition.

Fred

Reply to
Fred Marshall

This is probably the book you are looking for:

=C5str=F8m, K.J. and Wittenmark, B., Computer Controlled System. Theory and Design, Prenticene-Hall, 1984.

RST is a fairly advanced controller compared to PID, based on pole placement techniques. I guess you could get the book within a few days from Amazon, but it would take som e time to read (and understand) unless you already have knowledge about such systems.

good luck, Tallak

Reply to
tallakt

Thanks guys :o) - i appreciate it ...

Reply to
John

Go to Prof Landau's website in Grenoble, France and you will find some tutorials there.

fred.

Reply to
Fred Stevens

Thanks. I went to his website, but couldn't find the tutorials.

Did he remove them?

Reply to
John

I can't find them now either, but I can email them to you if you like.

You can click on the Digital Control Systems text and look through the slides and chapters - there should be quite a lot of information there too

fred.

Reply to
Fred Stevens

Yes, it looks like he removed them. However, click on the Digital Control text and look through the chapters and slides - they will have some info. I can send you some RST slides if you email me.

fred.

Reply to
Fred Stevens

"Fred Stevens" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

doh! I didn't realize that "Digital Control" was a link...I thought it was just a simple title for the webpage.

Thanks...There's plenty of info. I guess I will be busy reading for a while...

Thanks again :o)

Reply to
John

Go to