Hellloooo lllooo looo looo ooo ooo oo o o o

Hi,
I though this newsgroup was busy with tons of experts in control theory...
I am just looking for an answer to a very simple control theory question:
What is an RST controller? What does RST stand for? Where do I find a nice tutorial about RST controllers?
Google didn't help me, so maybe you guys can?
Thanks.
John wrote:

I don't know what it is, but I hear reliable evidence that you can't find out by Googling. I was waiting for one of the industrial guys to chip in.
What's the context? Where'd you hear about it? Could it mean proportional-integral-derivative in the native tongue of whoever said it?
--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

No it's something else. The R, S, T stand for the names of polynomials.
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Yes. That's also what I read. But I still don't know what RST stands for. It would probably help to know when searching for litterature. And a definition of those polynomials would also be a great start...
If you know more, please share :o)

Yeah, tell me about it...I googled and googled but found nothing...That made me suspect that it was just another name for a PID controller, but the few documents I have found suggest otherwise....So I don't know what to do..

I need to read about it before going to a job interview. I appreciate your answer. Let me know if you find something...
Have a nice day..

Hmmmm.... Google gave me a lot of hits on "rst controller".
This one gives a block diagram that shows R and S and T blocks:
http://www.inrialpes.fr/pop-art/people/simon/c3o/ifacWc05.pdf
Associated would be "pole placement"...
A number of pages give examples of the R, S and T polynomial coefficients derived for a particular situation. But, I didn't see directly how they were derived from what preceded their definition.
Fred
This is probably the book you are looking for:
strm, K.J. and Wittenmark, B., Computer Controlled System. Theory and Design, Prenticene-Hall, 1984.
RST is a fairly advanced controller compared to PID, based on pole placement techniques. I guess you could get the book within a few days from Amazon, but it would take som e time to read (and understand) unless you already have knowledge about such systems.
good luck, Tallak
Thanks guys :o) - i appreciate it ...
John wrote:

Go to Prof Landau's website in Grenoble, France and you will find some tutorials there.
http://www-lag.ensieg.inpg.fr/landau/bookIC/english/index.htm
fred.

Thanks. I went to his website, but couldn't find the tutorials.
Did he remove them?
I can't find them now either, but I can email them to you if you like.
You can click on the Digital Control Systems text and look through the slides and chapters - there should be quite a lot of information there too
fred.
Yes, it looks like he removed them. However, click on the Digital Control text and look through the chapters and slides - they will have some info. I can send you some RST slides if you email me.
fred.

doh! I didn't realize that "Digital Control" was a link...I thought it was just a simple title for the webpage.
Thanks...There's plenty of info. I guess I will be busy reading for a while...
Thanks again :o)

Go to
http://www-lag.ensieg.inpg.fr/landau/bookIC/english/Transparents/Tutorial-2-Vancouver.pdf