discrete-time system

Is there any paper studying the following discrete-time system
x(k)=A_1x(k-1)+A_2x(k-2)....A_nx(k-n)
where x is vector and A_i is matrix.
Thanks:)
A_i is time varying matrix...
sunnewton wrote:

No quote of the original post? I see you're posting from Google -- please read the link at the end of my tag line.
--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
sunnewton wrote:

>sunnewton wrote:

If A_i is time varying then it must be referenced to absolute time, so this would be better stated in the form
x(k) = A_k x(k-1),
or
x(k) = A_ x(k-1),
the difference depending entirely on your mood.
In that case then for an initial condition x(0) you would have
x(k) = A_ A_ ... A_0 x(0)
I'm 99.44% sure that your system would be unconditionally stable if and only if the product A_ ... A_0 always went to zero as k went to infinity. I'm 99% sure that this condition would be met if each A_k had all eigenvalues less than 1, but I'm sure it's not necessary.
If you really meant what you said, particularly if you mean that A ranges from A_1 to A_n with some fixed n, then the system isn't time varying, you're just describing a big system where
[ x(k) ] [ A_1 A_2 ... A_ A_n ] [ x(k-1) ] [ x(k-1) ] [ I 0 ... 0 0 ] [ x(k-2) ] [ ... ] = [ ... ] [ ... ] [ x(k-n+2) ] [ 0 ... I 0 0 ] [ x(x-n+3) ] [ x(k-n+1) ] [ 0 0 ... I 0 ] [ x(k-n+2) ]
This isn't time varying -- it's just poorly constructed, and probably has a gazzilion redundant states.
--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

What an excellent put-down!
If you'd read the OP's follow-on you would have seen that his A_i are distinct and time varying. Even if you hadn't you'd have to wonder why he wants to specify so many of them, and assume that maybe he had a good reason in spite of the fact that his posts from Google groups does make one question his grasp of USENET etiquette.
If you'd read the paper you would have seen that the only thing it says about time-varying systems is that they aren't covered -- so it's a total miss from what the OP needs to see.
If you looked at the form of his equations you'd see that the system in question is as linear as anything else out there, it's just time varying -- so a wiki on non-linear systems is something of a miss.
So perhaps you should save that excellent put-down for a post to which it really applies, since it's so good.
--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services