controlguru - a blog about automatic process control

Announcing controlguru.com - a blog about automatic process control
www.controlguru.com offers information and discussion about automatic
process control. Much of the focus will be on PID control and related architectures such as cascade, feed forward, Smith predictors, multivariable decoupling, and similar traditional and advanced classical strategies. Occasional exploration into newer technologies such as neural networks, dynamic matrix control and such will depend on member interest. Applications focus on processes with streams comprised of gases, liquids, powders, slurries and melts. Final control elements in these applications tend to be valves, variable speed pumps and compressors, and cooling and heating elements. Industries that operate such processes include chemical, biotech, oil and gas, paints and coatings, pharmaceutical, food and beverages, cement and coal, polymers and plastics, metals and materials, pulp and paper, personal care products, and more. While this narrows the control applications world, it will help facilitate more in-depth discussions. Given that, the site will downplay articles about the control of engines, robots, radar, aircraft, machining and other such applications outside the "gases, liquids, powders, slurries and melts" world. - Practitioners, please get involved and share your knowledge and expertise. - Students, come to learn and to teach us. - Enthusiasts, feel free to offer opinions and share your ideas. - Experts, consider submitting a feature article.
I hope you will visit,
Doug Cooper Editor, www.controlguru.com
Doug, Congratulations on an excellent blog. I hope to be able to add some comments from time to time based on my experience in industry. But more importantly, I expect to be able to learn from the blog. John Shaw