Honeywell Alcont and ISO 1745

We need to interface with an early Honeywell Alcont system which doesn't have OPC. The only mechanism on offer seems to be their Real Time Communication Card which, I am told, uses ISO 1745 protocol, but I can't find anything about any of this on Honeywell's site. The references to ISO 1745 I have found elsewhere, including its spec which costs SFR 93, lead me to believe that this just defines the data packet encapsulation (SOH ... ETX), and that I need more specific information for the Honeywell card's messages to tell me the data format.

Is this correct (before I waste SFR 93)?

Does anyone have information on the Honeywell Alcont Real Time Communication Card and its communications protocol?

Do we require to be master or slave? I think we can be either from the minimal information we have.

Do Honeywell require to formally validate our interface software, as it is alleged they do for their Modbus card?

Chris, ABB Switzerland

Reply to
chris_doran