DALI Electronic Balasts and DALI Lighting Systems

I am trying to investigate the possible use of DALI Tridonic DALI ballasts in conjunction with their serial DALI/PC interface and winDIM. The system in question is hopefully going ot be able to control individual lighting fittings for dimming purposes only. Having the ability to connect the system to a PC is great, however, we are looking to give individuals on a LAN, in the specific area, to be able dim light fitting near them if they feel fit to do so. The question really is, can this be done with the use of the serial DALI/PC interface and connecting this to a LAN server, or maybe a serial to network interface and then a HUB?? I have looked at other possibilities, such as LonWorks. These systems, seem to to a bit much for what we require, and most DALI/LonWorks interfaces don't allow bi-directional communication. Well that is really the whole problem! If any could shed some light on this matter it would be greatly appreciated or even point me in the direction of some useful information, as I have done a lot of reading so far and a bit more probably wont hurt.

Cheers Robert

Reply to
Robert