I have to calculate the maximum shaft speed possible to maintain measurement reliability

if a photodiode with a rise time of 10 micro sec is used to detect the light modulation through an optical encoder disk with 1000 lines on it.
how i can calculate the maximum shaft speed possible to maintain measurement reliability. Assuming that the minimum output swing required for the reliable operation of the circuit is 20% of the full output.? examples please?
RsK wrote:

Tell us how you would attack this homework problem, and we'll try to guide you to a reasonable approach if it seems you put some effort into it.
Assume that the fall time is the same as the rise time -- that's not necessarily the case -- and determine the speed that allows full swing.
Jerry
--
"The rights of the best of men are secured only as the
rights of the vilest and most abhorrent are protected."