Calculate the minimum number of lines required on the encoder disk if an optical incremental encoder is to be used?

A robot control system requires a shaft velocity measurement in the range 60-3600 rev/min with a resolution of 10%. The handshaking
protocol allows communication to the computer only every 10 ms. I have to calculate the minimum number of lines required on the encoder disk if an optical incremental encoder is to be used? Please tell me how to do? & if you would be able to tell me and flow diagram as well to understand the system?
RsK wrote:

Tell us how you would attack this homework problem, and we'll try to guide you to a reasonable approach if it seems you put some effort into it. What does the time constraint tell you? Your coursework is not only about specific problems, but about marshaling the knowledge you need to solve a problem.
Jerry
--
"The rights of the best of men are secured only as the
rights of the vilest and most abhorrent are protected."