Instrumentation and Online Stores

I am a student of Instrumentation at a community college in Canada. Part of a project that I am involved in requires pricing and 'specing' out control valves, orifice plates and possibly some controllers.

I have found it increasingly difficult to find relevant information easily online. My primary mode of communication online is because I have trouble talking to people, especially ones where I would be requesting information without actually be looking to buy it.

Does anyone have any leads that might send me in a good direction?

Thank you,

Jeff.

Reply to
Jeffrey Drake

Bruce Varley

You might find it easier if you separate the spec sheets and pricing. Vendors will always be very circumspect about handing out pricing information. Even going through users and finding out prices of equipment that has been already been purchased is unlikely to be successful, pricing information is generally held commercial-in-confidence by all parties.

Spec sheets should be easier to come by. ISA have them for basic instrumentation items such as valves and thermowells. Companies that do instrumentation design sometimes use ISA ones, or have their own, you could try contacting design offices, companies like Kellogg and Hatch.

Reply to
Bruce Varley