On Good Questions

(snip)

Or the one someone actually wrote a book about:
"Eats, shoots, and leaves."
(There is a picture of a panda walking through the forest, carrying a rifle.)
-- glen
On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 21:16:54 +0000 (UTC), glen herrmannsfeldt

Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation
In the book it was a joke:
gun and proceeds to fire it at the other patrons.
"Why?" asks the confused, surviving waiter amidst the carnage, as the panda makes towards the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder.
"Well, I'm a panda," he says. "Look it up."
The waiter turns to the relevant entry in the manual and, sure enough, finds an explanation. "Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves."
Eric Jacobsen Anchor Hill Communications http://www.anchorhill.com
On 08/11/2014 07:52 PM, Eric Jacobsen wrote:

I think he shoots into the ceiling, not the other patrons. Pandas are cuddlier than that. ;)

Cheers
Phil Hobbs
On 8/12/2014 1:09 PM, Phil Hobbs wrote:

That's the G-rated version.
On 8/12/2014 8:54 PM, John S wrote:

Well, it's the version that's in the book (which I have).
Cheers
Phil Hobbs
On 8/10/2014 8:10 AM, David Brown wrote:

And never, ever, say "lol".
Cheers
Phil Hobbs
--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

LOL
On Sun, 10 Aug 2014 12:02:15 -0400, Phil Hobbs wrote:

Oh, too funny, LOL.
(eh, couldn't resist).
--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

LOL!
--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc
www.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Add one more - do not drink while internetting (is that a word?).
On Sun, 10 Aug 2014 13:32:24 -0400, Tom Miller wrote:

Oh damn.
--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Or do: it's possible the greater fluidity of thought will help bring about solutions.
Probably depends on the person though. I write impeccable English when drunk, because by the time you see the finished product, you don't have a clue how much backspacing and proofing and editing has gone on. In general, I write with large amounts of global NFB, a structural constraint which alcohol can attempt to impede, but not circumvent. ;-)
Tim
--
Seven Transistor Labs
Electrical Engineering Consultation

Well, I hear it's real close to birthday time so drink up, Tim !
boB K7IQ
<boB> wrote in message

Had a Captain and Coke earlier ;-)
Tim
--
Seven Transistor Labs
Electrical Engineering Consultation
On Sun, 10 Aug 2014 17:26:39 -0700, boB wrote:

That's what I heard too!
--sp
On 09/08/14 21:39, Tim Wescott wrote:

<snip>
After noticing another post by the famous "Skybuck Flying", I have another rule:
Think about what you are going to ask, and what you are going to write. And after writing it, read through it again before posting, to see if it actually makes sense. Don't just let every random thought in your head dribble out onto the keyboard.

Or just put "Skybuck Flying" in your noise filter.
I wrote this a long time ago,
'Answering questions is a tricky subject to practice. Not due to the difficulty of formulating or locating answers, but due to the human inability of asking the right questions; a skill that, were one to possess, would put them in the "answering" category.'
Sucks, man. If we all knew enough to answer our own questions, we wouldn't need to ask others; and it would be futile anyway, because no one would have any answers anyway. I've asked a few like that before... it happens..
Tim
--
Seven Transistor Labs
Electrical Engineering Consultation

Tim
For the record, I would like to thank you for years of helpful responses to perhaps thousands of queries (including even a few of mine).
Al Clark Danville Signal
On 10-08-2014 01:09, Tim Wescott wrote:

Points taken. I am one of those "leechers". Sadly so, but I must confess. Mostly, I have asked questions, but never answered questions from someone. Unfortunately, neither my know-how nor my bandwidth allow me to do so.
Not that it makes-up for being a leech - but I would like to say thanks to all those of you who make forums like these a superb resource for any engineer. And that too for free!
Heart felt thanks, Anand