Problems with inverse laplace transform

I'm having a problem getting an inverse laplace transofrm with what, I think, is a PD controller.

I have a function H(s)P(s), where H(s) is known and P(s) is the input signal.

I have to get [h(t) CONVOLUTION p(t)], but I'm not able to do

InvLaplace [ s P(s)/((s+1)(s+50))]

because P(s) is unknown. The idea is to have the result in terms of p(t), p'(t), p''(t), etc.. Does Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks for any help

Jorge Guzman

-------- al912912

Reply to
jorchi

You don't need to involve P(s) to find h(t) -- you just need to get the inverse laplace transform of H(s).

Whose idea is it to get it in terms of p(t) and its derivatives?

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Well, as I understood my professor, to solve the PD controller, you have to get the value of some mius (u0, u1, u2, ...), which you get from solving the equations

h(t) * p(t) = p(t) u0 + (-T) p'(t) u1 + ((-T)^2/2!) p''(t)u2 + ... + ((-T)^k/k!) p(kth)(t)uk

where p(t) is a kth degree polinomial.

Reply to
jorchi

Tim Wescott wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

My guess would be some differential equation prof who's trying to teach the relationship between laplace operators and differential equations. It's usually taught near the end of the semester.

Y/P=(s/[(s+1)(s+50)]). Multiply out the denominator, then cross multiply. Take it back to the time domain, knowing that X(s) transforms to x(t), sX(s) transforms to dx(t)/st, and s^2X(s) transforms to the second derivative. If you need to carry through initial conditions, the OP should go look it up in a diffeq text.

Scott

Scott

Reply to
Scott Seidman