simulate PID using state variables

I want to simulate PID using state variables which is fundamental concept of modern control theory. Can I do that? And how?

Thank you very much for your help.

Time

Reply to
time

Step 1: Implement a PID controller using traditional transfer function construction.

Step 2: Use one of the many recognized ways of translating a transfer function to a state-space controller.

I would suggest that you keep the P, I and D terms in parallel and use a controller that implements the two memory terms (I and D) separately; you'll end up with a controller that's easier to understand and to add nonlinear tweaks.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Hi Tim, Thank you for your information. Time

Reply to
time