state variable

Hello,
Anyone could tell me how to set up state variables for the model below? Thank you for your help.
The model is:
2+u+3*x+x*x*x+d(x)/dt=0
where u is control, x is output.
Time

dx/dt = -x^3 - 3x - 2 - u
so obviously x is the state variable. if you don't see this you need to read some more about it.
Thank you very much for your reply. It seems a nonlinear control problem. Anybody tell me how to linearize it.
Thanks.
Time

Read about Jacobian.