shorting of the drive DC output leads

hi there,
I have been using a variable frequency drive for my PLC. Earlier I was using the Delta VFD-L series and it has stopped working after 4 years
of usage. Now I am using Altivar 11 of Schneider Electric. As we dont have a switching power supply to the DC motor drive I am forced to short the DC output leads everytime I use the drive. If you switch off the controller power suppy then you would need to open the drive and short the leads again. I feel it is inconvenient.
Can anyone suggest an easy remedy? Thanks in advance
best, palpandi
proclaimed to the world:

Why do you need a switching power supply for the drive? All drives I have seen "switches" the AC power to a DC output internally.