shorting of the drive DC output leads

hi there,

I have been using a variable frequency drive for my PLC. Earlier I was using the Delta VFD-L series and it has stopped working after 4 years of usage. Now I am using Altivar 11 of Schneider Electric. As we dont have a switching power supply to the DC motor drive I am forced to short the DC output leads everytime I use the drive. If you switch off the controller power suppy then you would need to open the drive and short the leads again. I feel it is inconvenient.

Can anyone suggest an easy remedy? Thanks in advance

best, palpandi

Reply to
sergius

On 3 Nov 2006 03:09:56 -0800, "sergius" proclaimed to the world:

Why do you need a switching power supply for the drive? All drives I have seen "switches" the AC power to a DC output internally.

Reply to
Paul M