Siemens SCL Pascal question

I'm working on a program using SCL, every time I add a variable I have to make sure to compile program of course, but I have to also make sure to update the data block, download the updated data block, "check and update accesses" from the calling block, etc.. And if I make a mistake, the program can write outside of my data block and mess up data in other variables.

So at the end of my data block, I was wanting to define arrays of spares of REAL, INT, and BOOL. That way I can add a variable without so much risk of messing up other things.

So, is there a way in SCL, supposed to be like Pascal, to call a spare by a different name? Like naming "AccumulatedError := SpareReal[1];" and then using "AccumulatedError" in my program instead of "SpareReal[1]"? Then when I decide to update variables, I can change them from the spares to actual defined variables. I find myself reluctant to use another variable because there are so many steps to get it get the data block in sync with the function block.

Now it's compile SCL disable execution of old FB Close DB's being monitored so they can be updated go to calling block and save this generates errors, so "Check and Update Accesses" from calling block(s). Download all instance DB's Download newly compiled SCL code Save and go online with calling block Open DB's for monitoring Enable execution of FB

A lot of steps just to add a single variable. I thought if I could give the variable name to a spare then it would simplify things a lot.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN