Siemens Step 5 Help

Being somewhat unfamiliar with Step 5 programming, appreciate if someone can advise on the following block that forms part of a program: FB10 Segment 1 Name : AUTOMAN DECL : STAT I, W : L = STAT : C DB20 : T DW11 : BE What does the DECL : STAT I, W do, and what does the = STAT do?

In another block, STEU is a control word in the program, what does this actually do? What does EINZ mean when it appears in a program.

Appreciate if someone can advise.

TIA

Reply to
BIGEYE

Hi BIGEYE, I've some knowledge about programming Siemens-PLC's.

  1. What's in FB10 (funcion block): DECL : STAT I, W declaration of an input for this block, type WORD, named STAT : L = STAT load the input word to accumulator : C DB20 call (open) data block No.20 : T DW11 transfer the accumulator value (STAT) to data word 11 in DB20 : BE block end unconditional

This function block can be called in other blocks (eg. PB [program blocks]) There the block is shown as a box named FB10 AUTOMAN, with 1 input named STAT. There you can connect any WORD value and this is written to DB20 DW11. (What doesn't make much sense, to have in a FB).

  1. STEU you sometimes can find. STEU is the abbreviation of the german word STEUERN (means CONTROL). This value gives e.g. the control bits collected in a BYTE or WORD to a MOTOR function block.

  1. EINZ is an input I know e.g. from an Analog Input FB. EINZ is also an abbreviation EINZELABTASTUNG (means single scan), this allows you eg. to program a takeover of an analogue value at a certain time.

I hope you can understand what I tried to explain in here. Sorry about my bad english.

C U & have a nice day.

Reply to
J.Oystick