Suicide Control Sytem

Tackling real practice problems isn't nonsense.

If the control value v2 crosses the lower value of 0.2 (e.g. lower end position 4mA) then the control element bumps for a while and then gets broken. This would happen if e.g. disturbance z1=0.1 occurs often.

See examples

Page 1 Suicide Control Sytem (IAE minimum conform but not advisable)

A possible solution could be:

Page 2 Survivable Control System (not IAE minimum conform but advisable)

Page 3 Definitions

Reply to
JCH

Isn't this a situation which is largely characterised by a nonlinearity? How meaningful is a single simulation run?

Reply to
Bruce Varley

"Bruce Varley" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

How meaningful is a+b=c? If you know a and b then c can be calculated. If you know the differential equations you can find the solutions.

It doesn't matter whether they are linear or nonlinear. They are just a set of equations to be solved. They must be known. If not then there are means to approximate them.

So far all refers to the example pages 1/2 shown in

My example is thought to be a 'known' linear process transfer function and >99% accurate. I stated that just using IAE minimum criteria can destroy a mechanical system if e.g. a cart is frequently bumping at the end positions once a second.

Optimum IAE minimum control behavior is only one aspect.

Reply to
JCH

You can see that the 'position' doesn't come close to bumping into anything. What is the point?

BTW, does anybody understand what JCH is doing? Does anybody care about any of JCH's threads?

Does anybody understand my PDFs. I know they get deep for the casual PID user. Does anybody care?

Peter Nachtwey

Reply to
pnachtwey

You can see that the 'position' doesn't come close to bumping into anything. What is the point?

JCH:

Example: Range of load position v1 = 0...10m = 4...20mA = Process Value Range of cran cart position v2 = 0...10m = 4...20mA = Control Value

Assumed task: Finding best possible solution if process transfer function is known. This should 'consider IAE minimum' and if necessary 'other' criteria as well.

'Control Value' = v2 (light blue line)

See also used definition box 'Control/Time Range'

Electronic industrial systems use 'controlled 4...20mA' (load-independent). That means with 'Live Zeros'. Value of 0.2 (= 4mA) is lower limit in my documentations.

See further details

JCH

Well, I keep them for future study - and in the hope that I'll get something interesting to do one day

Reply to
Fulliautomatix