Wallace & Tiernan Calibrator (Wally Box)

Appreciate some advice on using this calibrator. The pointer is not sitting
on zero, but slightly below zero. Is there a reason for this?
Also, do I adjust the pointer to zero or subtract this offset from my span
when calibrating instruments. For example, I want to calibrate a pressure
transmitter over the range of 0 to 500 mmWG. If the pointer is sitting
at -6mmWG do I use this as my zero, and 494 mmWG on the Wally Box as my 500
mmWG span?
Appreciate any help.
TIA
Reply to