What is Axis Control

I know this is a newbie question.

But, where can I find information on Axis Control both single and multi.

I am looking for some documents / site which will explain to me the basics of Axis Control ground up along with application details preferably.

Additionally, usage of a Digital Signal Processor, if any, for the same.

Reply to
Ajay

You're confused about context. When you hear about "single axis control" or "multi-axis control" it's a description of the number of degrees of freedom that are being controlled -- so a single axis controller is moving one thing in one direction, a two-axis controller is moving one thing in two directions, etc. An NC milling machine could conceivably have six axis control -- three linear axes and three rotational ones.

The keyword that you probably want is "motion control". I have some material on my website; you should also do a web search on the term.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

I didn't know what axis control was, but yes, I am looking for something that you described above.

Reply to
Ajay

"Ajay" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Just for a basic description of how it works in a rudementary manner: You have 4 basic elements to a 'closed loop' control system, an actuator [can be a motor, hydraulic ram, pneumatic cylinder, etc]), a feedback device (encoder, resolver, etc), a drive and a controller (can be one and the same). The controller commands a movement of the actuator to the drive. The drive moves the actuator, the feedback device reports on the actual movement, the drive/controller determines whether the movement was accurate, among other things, and adjusts the command to the drive based on that feedback. In 'Open Loop' control, you have a controller/drive, and an actuator. There is no feedback device. The controller gives a command, the drive moves the actuator that amount, end of sequence.

Check out the Siemens website, and Siemens docsonline.

Reply to
Anthony

Of course he is confused. Posting via google from an indian IP address did you expect any sense?

Usenet will continue to be abused by google posters treating it as a natural language search engine for as long as there are enough mugs reading usenet to do the natural language interpretation.

Reply to
nospam

Good eye!

Help me out here. Specifically, what is the abuse? Are you saying the OP took "axis control" literally?

Reply to
Active8

Usenet functions because people read it, they join in discussions and answer questions when they are able (and inclined).

Google is not condusive to reading usenet, it is condusive to posting questions and only reading responses. I believe google will even email you when when someone responds ffs.

If everyone used usenet in this manner it would become a wasteland of unanswered questions, those that do are IMO abusing usenet.

Such abuse is common among those accessing usenet via google (in the technical groups I read anyway). Use google to check the posting history of some of these people and you will find many have never posted outside threads which they created with a question (often a very dumb question).

Reply to
nospam

address did

Well, you haven't answered the question I posted. I am new to this and Google Groups is a way I can get many questions answered.

And I don't see why you should have a problem with Indian posters. Please take your fight against google and indians to some other thread and let someone who actually wants to help me answer. Thanks for understanding,

Ajay

Reply to
Ajay

Ajay:

I agree with you on this. I had a tart little rejoinder prepared for mr. "nospam", but decided that more negativity wasn't needed.

As for using newsgroups there are articles out there on how to use USENET in the way it's intended -- by connecting with a newsreader and browsing. It's an easy process if your ISP supports newsgroups, and according to folks who use both methods it's way better than Google Groups. I find that I can often answer my questions just by reading other threads or by adding my queries to them where appropriate. I also see questions I never thought to ask, and I get the opportunity to answer a few questions.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Thanks for the support.

I am very much new and so maynot be able to answer questions in my of the threads so I leave it for experts

And sadly my ISP at work gives me only web access and so I find Google Groups a good way to get questions answered.

Reply to
Ajay

Just to clear some confusion on what I exactly want.

I am trying to develop something similar to Yaskawa's Servo Systems and Motion Controllers. More details at

This is what I meant on Single/Multiple Axis Control

Reply to
Ajay

That site shows several product lines. If you can't tell them apart, you will need a lot of help to design things similar to them.

The carriage on a lathe, as it is moved along the ways by the lead screw, is a single-axis system. The cross slide on the carriage, at right angles to the ways, is a second axis; both axes described so far are linear. The spindle in the headstock rotates, that's a third axis. The compound rest that rides on the cross slide can be replaced by another linear motion, perpendicular to both the bed and cross-slide ways, called a milling attachment. That is a third linear axis. Each of those axes of motion can be, but needn't be, put under servo control.

I hope that helps you to understand the task better.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Avins

=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF= =AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF= =AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF

Thanks, that indeed explains it very well :)

Reply to
Ajay