Why symmetry?

Most of engineering creations are symmetrical. Why?
Symmetrical engineering design: it’s easier to calculate and draw (sometimes
to build).
But if you look out of the window – world is asymmetrical: Solar system, Earth, Mountains and Valleys, Animals, Trees and Grasses.
The only problem is: how to find this optimal solution without implementing symmetry (if you implement something – you implement restrictions and get less effective solution).
Genetic algorithms for optimization of space and plane frames generate structures and give the answer and solution.
You may see examples of optimized asymmetrical structures http://stullia.t-k.ru/ga3d/asym/frame3d.htm
If you look around – our engineering designs are symmetrical: airplanes, ships, buildings and industrial components. Are they optimal? Why to pay for symmetry?
E-mail only from my page.
Stullia Soft
Add pictures here
βœ–

(sometimes
I thought most animals were bilaterally symmetric, or axially symmetric. Grass is symmetric.

implementing
for
Actually, we might have to pay extra for asymmetry in some of those items, and in others there is already quite a bit of assymetry.

Add pictures here
βœ–
says...

It's also nicer to look at, which, in the end, sells.
--Gene
Add pictures here
βœ–

Because its cheaper.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Stullia wrote:

So... How you know they are globally optimal the solutions you achieve??

Can't understand why those solutions are better than the symetrical ones. Actually, it looks like they might be optimal depending on "how you define" optimal.

Maybe cause symmetry reduces the number of cases to study to a few... while an assymetrical structure would have un-affordable number of cases (responses) to study depending on the inputs to the designed system.
Cheers,
/M
Add pictures here
βœ–