Durant converter

I have come across some Durant converters, 58801-403. It appears the units can convert rs-232 to rs-485 and rs-485 to rs-232. There is an
option for 20ma or rs-485. Does anyone have any information on these devices? Apparently they have been out of production for quite a few years. I would be interested in sending and receiving a com 1 serial port for a gps receiver installed in the attic of my home with the antenna wire running to the remote antenna just outside the attic vent. The receiver would communicate with the computer in my cellar for accurate time keeping via gps. I assume the units can do this. Any ideas? Thank you.
Richg
Answer to group as this Email is only for spammers.