Best bandsaw blade for cutting 316 stainless bar

Hi Fellas,

I've got to cut up a bunch of 0.5" 316-stainless round bar this weekend, and am looking for a good bandsaw blade that won't leave me cursing halfway through the job. I've hear Starret and Lennox bi-metal are the way to go. Any recommendations?

My saw uses 1/2" X 64-1/2" blades.

Reply to
Andy H.

------------------reply-------------reply---------- reply----------------------------

Harbor Fright Plasma $650 . I have 2 .

Plasma replaces many cutting and machining methods .

T.I.G. No longer uses Tungsten . All critical T.I.G. welding has been replaced by Plasma .

Also bought Longevity-inc 518 . Plasma has no connection to outer copper cup , thus NO pilot arc is possible .

they use 2 input transformers . probably outputs in series to get the higher volts needed for plasma .

it uses an arc gap , with 2 brass screws .

BTW Microsoft is finally crashing for the last time . Acer of Taiwan is shipping hundreds of thausands

of netbooks . This is the First time Linux has been distributed in mass .

It is far faster to learn this Linpus-Linux G.U.I. because it mirrors WXP .

But once on the learning curve , you will be able to learn everything , you wont have

to pay Bill Gates for VBASIC to understand the so-called scripts of WXP .

Acer et al were forced by Imtel-U.S. Govt to use Intel hardware , or not sell in US .

The N270 is stamped "made by intel ".

It is made by a Japaneese company in Korea .

They have the "rights" , as you will soon discover .

It is claimed to be x86 . In fact it's cpu merely translates x86 code !

H.P. did the same nonesense to its pocket calulators , using a modern cpu , then

slowing it down by translating its obsolete 4 bit O.S.

Quietly , these Japaneese wafer foundries will remove the Intel from the

cpu and Japan/Korea will fab 99% of all computing hardware on earth .

The U.S. Govt will outlaw all this . The Depression of 2010 begins ...

Reply to
kc7cc

I have found that bi-metal dulls on stainless. Al

Reply to
<akimmel

Tooth pattern ? tooth pitch ?

Martin

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

just use a 5 inch grinder with those REALLY thin cut of blades about 1mm thick.

Reply to
no one