Best bandsaw blade for cutting 316 stainless bar

Hi Fellas,
I've got to cut up a bunch of 0.5" 316-stainless round bar this weekend, and am looking for a good bandsaw blade that won't leave me
cursing halfway through the job. I've hear Starret and Lennox bi-metal are the way to go. Any recommendations?
My saw uses 1/2" X 64-1/2" blades.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 11, 2:33 pm, " Andy H. <andys_junk_address at yahoo dot com>"

------------------reply-------------reply---------- reply----------------------------
Harbor Fright Plasma $650 . I have 2 .
Plasma replaces many cutting and machining methods .
T.I.G. No longer uses Tungsten . All critical T.I.G. welding has been replaced by Plasma .
Also bought Longevity-inc 518 . Plasma has no connection to outer copper cup , thus NO pilot arc is possible .
they use 2 input transformers . probably outputs in series to get the higher volts needed for plasma .
it uses an arc gap , with 2 brass screws .
BTW Microsoft is finally crashing for the last time . Acer of Taiwan is shipping hundreds of thausands
of netbooks . This is the First time Linux has been distributed in mass .
It is far faster to learn this Linpus-Linux G.U.I. because it mirrors WXP .
But once on the learning curve , you will be able to learn everything , you wont have
to pay Bill Gates for VBASIC to understand the so-called scripts of WXP .
Acer et al were forced by Imtel-U.S. Govt to use Intel hardware , or not sell in US .
The N270 is stamped "made by intel ".
It is made by a Japaneese company in Korea .
They have the "rights" , as you will soon discover .
It is claimed to be x86 . In fact it's cpu merely translates x86 code !
H.P. did the same nonesense to its pocket calulators , using a modern cpu , then
slowing it down by translating its obsolete 4 bit O.S.
Quietly , these Japaneese wafer foundries will remove the Intel from the
cpu and Japan/Korea will fab 99% of all computing hardware on earth .
The U.S. Govt will outlaw all this . The Depression of 2010 begins ...
Add pictures here
✖
I have found that bi-metal dulls on stainless. Al
wrote in message

Add pictures here
✖
On 8/19/2009 5:51 AM, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote:

Tooth pattern ? tooth pitch ?
Martin
Add pictures here
✖
just use a 5 inch grinder with those REALLY thin cut of blades about 1mm thick.

Add pictures here
✖