Thinking

I am looking at buying a depth Mic. I have been looking at a Starrett 2-1/2 base 0-6" rods that do not rotate. I used a rotating rod type befor and was having trouble as the rod would walk off the edge. Al Kimmel

Reply to
<akimmel

Try asking in rec.crafts.metalworking as not too many people read / post here any longer and I can't help you with this one. :)

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Hmmm - what group again? :)

Reply to
Dave Doe

I must either be missing the joke or... Anyhow, rec.crafts.metalworking rather than alt.rec.crafts.metalworking

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

OK, I'm blind :) sorry.

Reply to
Dave Doe

What? I'm deaf... :)

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

NICE ONE JOE

Reply to
Dave Doe

Oops. I was kidding. You can stop yelling now.

On a more serious note... I haven't seen anyone post about the depth mic. No random thoughts?

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Ya cant use 2 flats ,

put a grade 25 ball on end of the rod .

Th e base of the mike is large and flat . it IS the ONLY parallel reference .

ya cant , then have a 2nd flat on the rod .

If you want to read depth AND Parallel , you must do MORE work .

Thus rotating rod mikes work fine , especially if you mimic an electronic edge finder

as depth mik touches bottom , it flashes .

This is something few humans can do ( feel a mik rotation resistance )

Reply to
kc7cc