Thinking

I am looking at buying a depth Mic. I have been looking at a Starrett 2-1/2 base 0-6" rods that do not rotate. I used a rotating rod type befor and was
having trouble as the rod would walk off the edge. Al Kimmel

Try asking in rec.crafts.metalworking as not too many people read / post here any longer and I can't help you with this one. :)
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

Hmmm - what group again? :)
--
Duncan

I must either be missing the joke or... Anyhow, rec.crafts.metalworking rather than alt.rec.crafts.metalworking
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

OK, I'm blind :) sorry.
--
Duncan

What? I'm deaf... :)
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

NICE ONE JOE
--
Duncan

Oops. I was kidding. You can stop yelling now.
On a more serious note... I haven't seen anyone post about the depth mic. No random thoughts?
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

Ya cant use 2 flats ,
put a grade 25 ball on end of the rod .
Th e base of the mike is large and flat . it IS the ONLY parallel reference .
ya cant , then have a 2nd flat on the rod .
If you want to read depth AND Parallel , you must do MORE work .
Thus rotating rod mikes work fine , especially if you mimic an electronic edge finder
as depth mik touches bottom , it flashes .
This is something few humans can do ( feel a mik rotation resistance )