150 kV breakers tripping...

At the end of summer here in Crete. Usually they open and reclose in less than a second. If my PC is on it will re boot. My tuner (Cambridge audio)
will show gibberish on its LCD. This is due to humidity, the 150 kV insulators have a conductive path due to accumulated dirt through all summer. Crete is the large island in the southest of Greece. We have transmission voltages of 150 and 66 kV, primary distribution is 15 kV, and secondary 400/230 V. Frequency 50 Hz. All 150 kV gear is modern (in the 80s). 66 kV is (almost) obsolete. All power plants run on heavy fuel-mazut (steam and 2 stroke diesels;25 and 50 MW units).
--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

The use of a UPS should eliminate that problem for you. It will also rid you of any possible damage to your equipment due to the quick power interruptions.

Thanks for the advice, I will go to my vendor (www.cccira.gr) and check for UPSs, in the meanwhile I unplugged my tuner since I listen to the radio only on Sunday, my cd player is on standby, and my amp is off when I am at work. I turn off my computer, open the switch which is at the PSU, and turn off the power strip, I hope there will be no problem in the 4 hours I use my PC each evening. In the meanwhile, I would buy a UPS, but I have to pay my insurance check (500 euros) until 9/31, I bought a DIY piece of furniture to put my stereo, and I owe 380 euros to the stereo vendor (credit), so maybe the UPS will have to wait, but if the problem persists, I'll buy it:-)