3 phase delta ground detect

VERY SIMPLE and cheap......480 Volt. Use 6 240 volt light bulbs. 2 each in series off each leg. Simple as that. That is what we have on our 480 volt MCC"s. When you have a ground, 1 pair of lights will go dark and the other 4 will brighten up. It is then important to go looking for the ground fault cause if you get another on a different leg you will have a phase to phase short.
Dave
Reply to
Dave
Hello again, don't forget to fuse each leg going to your ground lights.
Dave
Reply to
Dave
I wouldnt do this if I were you. The problem is that when one lamp burns out, then the socket of the other can have higher voltages to ground for the fumbling lamp changer to experience. This Im not sure you can buy a lamp socket smaller than mogul rated for 480V can you?
You need to use the transformered pilot lights wired in wye so that the lamp voltage is 120V.
Square D make such a unit for about $100 to $150 if I remember correctly. Cheap and fast.
To send me e-mail remove the sevens from my address.
Chrisd
Reply to
.
I will mention this to the Electrical Supervisor
Dave
Reply to
Dave