600 V HID's

I know of a industrial place that has 600 V HID lighting and wants to convert to 347 lighting. The existing lighting panels are 600 V only (no nuetral bus) Anyone know of any type of converter one could use right at the light fixture? Rather than changing all the lighting panels and wiring. (probably around 1000 HID fixtures)

The reason they want to convert is that they can't find 600 V replacement parts these days.

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Dave

The only thing I can think of is replace the panel and repull the feeders, to 5 wire, OR have the 3phase panels feed a new transformer then a new lighting panel.

I will bet if you start some crap with your wholesalers, you will find someone who wants your business at 600v.

I did some googling and found nothing listed here in the USA.

Reply to
SQLit

You should be able to get a ballast for just about any voltage you want, 1000 fittings should be enough to get them made. I would have thought you could get just about any sort of light and order it with a

600 volt ballast. 415 volt HID lamps are in pretty common use here.

cheers James

Reply to
James