AC motor wiring

I've a fan/motor from a residential air handler, the wires have been cut
there are four of them - can some tell me how it should be wired. Here's
what I know...
Manu - Westinghouse
Type - FLL
Volts - 115
Speed - 1050/900/800 RPM
Amps - 7
HP = 1/3 (doesn't sound as though that jives with the current rating).
There are four wires, Red, Blue, White and Black coming from the motor and a
large capacitor with two wires that also feed into the motor housing, here
are the point to point resistances (ohms)...
Blk - Red = 2.4; Blk - Blue = 1.1; Blk - White = 1.8
Red - Blue = 1.2; Red - White = 4.5
Blue - White = 3.2
Cap Red Post - Red = 18.2; - Blue = 16.6; - White = 17.5; - Black = 15.3
Cap Black Post - Red = 31.5; - Blue = 30.4; - White = 27.1; - Black 29.0
Any speed is fine, it would be nice to be able to select.
TIA for any help,
Peter
Reply to
Peter Wells
According to the schematic of my furnace, which has a 3-speed PSC blower motor:
Black - White: high speed Blue - White: medium speed Red - White: low speed
which jibes with your winding resistance readings.
Reply to
bargepole

Site Timeline