AC motor wiring

I've a fan/motor from a residential air handler, the wires have been cut there are four of them - can some tell me how it should be wired. Here's what I know...

Manu - Westinghouse Type - FLL Volts - 115 Speed - 1050/900/800 RPM Amps - 7 HP = 1/3 (doesn't sound as though that jives with the current rating).

There are four wires, Red, Blue, White and Black coming from the motor and a large capacitor with two wires that also feed into the motor housing, here are the point to point resistances (ohms)...

Blk - Red = 2.4; Blk - Blue = 1.1; Blk - White = 1.8 Red - Blue = 1.2; Red - White = 4.5 Blue - White = 3.2

Cap Red Post - Red = 18.2; - Blue = 16.6; - White = 17.5; - Black = 15.3 Cap Black Post - Red = 31.5; - Blue = 30.4; - White = 27.1; - Black 29.0

Any speed is fine, it would be nice to be able to select.

TIA for any help,

Peter

Reply to
Peter Wells

According to the schematic of my furnace, which has a 3-speed PSC blower motor:

Black - White: high speed Blue - White: medium speed Red - White: low speed

which jibes with your winding resistance readings.

Reply to
bargepole