Capacitor Start/Run Motor Wiring for Reverse Rotation - Help

I have a 2.5hp GE 13.1 amp motor that I'm using to build an air compressor. It currently turns in the wrong direction and would be very awkward to mount with this turn. It turns clockwise when looking at the output shaft and I need counterclockwise.

There are two capacitors on the motor and what looks to be a centrifugal switch. Based on what I've read it seems that I can change the direction of the motor by switching the leads of the starting circuit. Unfortunately I cannot seem to find the end of the starter circuit.

What I'm able to decipher from the wires is there a three wires going in. Green goes to ground on the casing. The white joins with yellow, which splits - one side goes through the centrifugal switch where it comes out as black and goes through a philips black plastic enclosed capacitor where it comes out as black and is routed somewhere inaccessible near the stator (I think this is the starter cap); the other side joins with a blue wire next to the stator, and then passes through a steel enclosed capacitor where it comes out as orange and is routed somewhere inaccessible near the stator (I think this is the run cap).

The black wire joins to red and passes through a motor protection device prior to being routed somewhere inaccessible near the stator.

The stator appears to be affixed into the motor housing and I do not see how I can get it out to switch leads for reverse rotation.

Any help would be appreciated. As you can see I am not and expert in this field by any means.

Thanks.

Reply to
craigpardy