Question

I'm working on understanding an example problem in order to do a homework problem, but it does not explain things well.
It asks to sketch the voltage as a funtion of time at x = 100 meters
V(x,t) = 100 cos (10^6t - 0.0628x) volts
where t is in seconds and x is in meters along the line.
The solution the book shows is a cosine wave with a peak of 100. I don't understand how they got this, does anyone know?

Yes, and you should be able to figure this out does (100*0.0628=6.28) sound radiantly familiar ?

remove the X to answer

Sometimes you have to look at things from a different angle!
Ben Miller
--
Benjamin D. Miller, PE
B. MILLER ENGINEERING