Question

I'm working on understanding an example problem in order to do a homework problem, but it does not explain things well.

It asks to sketch the voltage as a funtion of time at x = 100 meters

V(x,t) = 100 cos (10^6t - 0.0628x) volts

where t is in seconds and x is in meters along the line.

The solution the book shows is a cosine wave with a peak of 100. I don't understand how they got this, does anyone know?

Reply to
Peter

Yes, and you should be able to figure this out does (100*0.0628=6.28) sound radiantly familiar ?

Reply to
Don Kelly

Sometimes you have to look at things from a different angle!

Ben Miller

Reply to
Ben Miller