AC to DC conversion

Can anyone help with deriving a 12v DC supply from a transformer that's
giving me 12v AC at the moment please.
I extracted this transformer from an old telephone system (must have had a
rectifier (is it?) in the system but I didn't realise I'd have to remove
that too). I want to try running a car radio/cassette from it.
Thanks.
Reply to
Farfhrd
"Farfhrd" wrote in message news:Xns946CE7582D144nospamhotchocsundaes@217.158.240.11...
A full wave rectifier will do the job though you will loose a little opacity
Reply to
SQLit
I would also check the current raiting of the transformer. A lot of the newer high power car units can draw >10 amps.
sQuick..
Reply to
sQuick
"sQuick" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@eunomia.uk.clara.net:
Thanks guys.
Reply to
Farfhrd
"Farfhrd" wrote in message news:Xns946CE7582D144nospamhotchocsundaes@217.158.240.11...
A bridge rectifier, a capacitor and a regulator....the specifics would be dependant on further info...good luck, Ross
Reply to
Ross Mac