air impedance

Did you een have to ask?

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

It screws up nothing. I add the B in the subject so I know which threads I am involved in and so those that disagree with me do not have to open my posts.

Reply to
bushbadee

The characteristic impedance of free space is indeed 377 ohms. The "characteristic impedance" of a medium is defined as the ratio of the electrical field strength (in volts/meter) to the magnetic field (in amps/meter) of a transverse wave. Air has a characteristic impedance quite close to that of free space.