amplifier circuit help

Hi all, Can anyone point me in the direction of an amplifier circuit that
will take DC 0-60 mv and turn it into DC 0-6volts. I intend to buy
components and solder it up myself
Any info will be good even if it just clues on what I need. I've googled and
found millions and I just don't know which one of the many I can use for
this purpose.
I'm in the UK if that makes any difference.
Thanks for any info
Ben
Reply to
ben
You need a basic operational amplifier. The LM741 IC will work. Using the feedback circuit, choose the resistance to set the gain to be 100. John
Reply to
jriegle
I second the 741 idea and you can get 4 in a DIP chip as an LM324. Either way this is a buck (~Euro) or less, mail order and 3 bucks in a bubble pack at a retailer. Certainly cheap enough to let you blow up a few experimenting, but I have yet to kill one.
Reply to
Greg
Does anyone even make an "LM741" any more?
Bill
Reply to
Bill Shymanski
Ive read the relevant data sheets and they look good, the lm324 is a great idea as I need 4 anyway.
I`ll let you know how many I blow trying ;-)
Thanks alot Ben
Reply to
ben
Sure.
$0.18 each (in quantities of 1k+...National is a manufacturer)
Reply to
George
I'm amazed that they still make the 741 - it's been around forever. I should have checked before speculating on its demise.
National has a very nice Web site - I still have some early '80s-vintage National databooks.
Bill
Reply to
Bill Shymanski