angle

Hi nice folks,
I have a question for the Gurus please. The usual expression for the phase angle is angle = arc tan X/R. What is the expression for
phase angle as related to real and apparent power, also as related to resistance and impedance? Cheers and TIA.
cos
Gene
begin 666 phi.gif M1TE&.#EA"@`2`( ``/___P```"P`````"@`2```"(80/@:MKT5R4$MH#TWNM 5J^AEVB9Z2;>=JGA^COI.B#R_!0`[ ` end

arc tan X/R = arc cos R/Z for an impedance Basic trig
However while phase angle is applied to impedances, strictly speaking it is the relative angle between voltage and current =arc tan (reactive/real) which is not necessarily the same.

remove the X to answer

Thanks, but my primary interest was the expression for phase angle per se (not cos angle) between voltage and current as related to real and apparent power. Do you have the expression for this?