Anyone know how to rewire a 3 phase motor? (440 -> 240v)

Or can you point me to a forum that might be able to help.

Photos of motor's information plate and connection box here:

So that's three identical brown wires connected to terminals 2, 5 & 6 (440v) and the other three terminals are bridged together.

Thanks

Reply to
simonl

This is a _guess_ -- you really need the datasheet for it...

Assuming the 6 terminals are each ends of 3 windings, it looks to me like it's already connected in Star (Wye) mode, which is 240V.

In Delta mode (440V), it would be more powerful, but it would run at the same speed (assuming it's not currently overloaded). It would probably need a star/delta starter so it starts in star mode and switches to delta mode when it's picked up some speed.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

They *should* have made the links suitable lengths so that it isn't possible to use them incorrectly.

Hence the long link looks as if it is slotted to suit joining 1 to 6. The other links clearly won't allow 2 to go to 4.

So, I would deduce that the alternate wiring is to link 2-3, 1-6 and

5-4. With the windings between 1-2, 6-4 and 3-5.

You would want to swing them out to check!

-- Sue

Reply to
Palindrome

And you need a clue.

No, 440v is star. In star, the phase-phase voltage is across two windings, not one.

Delta mode is 240v, and the power would be about the same at the lower voltage.

Good grief...

Tim

Reply to
Tim Dunne