Building a 9 Volt battery source with very long life?

I need to power a tiny wireless "nanny" cam in a place where no AC can be installed. The camera is only needed during a certain time frame
each day. Currently using the best 9 Volt battery and get maybe 3 hours use before picture quality becomes unuseable. Is there any way to construct a large portable 9 v battery? I could use 6 hours. Thanks, please answer in group only.
Rex wrote:

Define portable.
A 9v battery is simply 6 1.5V AAAA cells connected in series. Just get some larger capacity 1.5V cells and wire them up.

or use 2 or more 9V batterys in parallel... maybe use rechargable and a solar cell?

Visit your local radio shack and get 2-3 9 volt battery connectors wire the extra batteries in parallel not in series.

I had thought about this, thanks to all who responded.
Rex wrote:

Just a thought, but, have you figured out how to only power it up during the "tme frame" and not the rest of the time?
-- Sue
Ex schrieb:

Hell,
if you take 6 D cells and connect them in series, you get also 9 V but about 30 times more capacity, depending on the type of cells compared. But these 6 D cells are much cheaper than 30 9 V blocks. If D cells are to large you may also use C or AA cells.
Bye
On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:11:39 +0200, Uwe Hercksen

One other solution if you have the space but still want to stay portable... Buy a huge 12 Volt Lantern Battery and then follow it with a 12 VDC to 9 VDC Convertor. I believe they sell these at Radio Shack in the form of cigarette lighter plugs. Not the cheapest solution, but it should give you the longest battery life of all if you have a place to stuff the lantern battery.
Beachcomber