Bulb el. consumption?

A regular light bulb lasts 2000 hours at 60W. An energy saving bulb lasts 6000 hrs at 11W instead of 60W.

If the electricy price is 1 dollar per Kwh, would it be correct to assume that the regular bulb costs $1/1000 x 60W x 2000 hrs = $120?

The energy saving bulb is 11/60 of this, i.e. $22 for 2000 hours of use. $100 savings for the same hours spent.

Reply to
Jan

One day Jan got dressed and committed to text

Very true assuming the ES lamp actually lasts 6000hrs.

-- Regards ..... Rheilly Phoull

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Your math is right. I have been using compact fluorescents for 10 years now. They work well in some applications and not well in others. I would never put one in the refrigerator or the oven. My outside motion light has a CF lamp. They will last about a year which is some thing like 2000 hours.

Reply to
AlanBown

A regular light bulb lasts 2000 hours at 60W. An energy saving bulb lasts 6000 hrs at 11W instead of 60W. If the electricy price is 1 dollar per Kwh, would it be correct to assume that the regular bulb costs $1/1000 x 60W x 2000 hrs =3D $120? The energy saving bulb is 11/60 of this, i.e. $22 for 2000 hours of use. $100 savings for the same hours spent.

-------------->

The wattage varies but they are a significant savings indeed, I retrofitted all my fixtures and went down from 50+ to 20+ on my bills., I also put a small cone type in my fridge, it works okay ;-) at first it needed some warm up time but it adjusted, though I am only saving

2watts, regular refrigerator bulbs are about 15 watts, i like the wihte brightness it gives my goodies. =AEoy
Reply to
Roy Q.T.

How many fixtures?

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

From: snipped-for-privacy@bellatlantic.net (ehsjr) The wattage varies but they are a significant savings indeed, I retrofitted all my fixtures and went down from 50+ to 20+ on my bills.,

------> How many fixtures? Ed

hood, total= 19 oh! and the fridge = 20. but i also started curbing unnecessary usage allot too. Roy

Reply to
Roy Q.T.

I suppose if my OGRE device had payed off i wouldn't have needed to take such drastic measures in energy savings };-) Right now I have my floor ac on & it worrie$ the hell out of me....

=AEoy

Reply to
Roy Q.T.