Car alternator as motor

I remember seeing some info on converting a car alternator into a stepper motor. I think it was in NUTS & VOLTS. If memory serves it kicked out several horsepower at enough RPM that it could be used as a router. I thought it was interesting at the time but had no real use for it for now I do. If anyone could steer me to this info I would really appreciate it.

Reply to
Jimmie

IIRC there was some info about this on Don Lancaster's site.

Hope this helps, Big John

Reply to
Big John