circuit breaker question

I hope this is the right group for this question.
I have been running two electric heaters (the ones that look like a
radiator) for 3 or 4 years, one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom.
They are on different circuits.
I have never had any problems but 2 weeks ago, they both tripped their
breaker at the same time. I reset the breakers and haven't had a problem
since.
I am just curious as to what could have caused it. Could a low voltage
surge have come in from the power company and caused them to do this.
Reply to
No-bammer
The two circuits probably share a common neutral, which is loose.
Reply to
Rich.
Or the elements are shot and shorting req
Reply to
reqluq
They are separate breakers in a 200 amp breaker box and it's now a month later with no problems with either heater.
Reply to
No-bammer
What seems more likely is that the voltage went high long enough to cause excess current flow that exceeded the breakers' trip points.
-- Tom Horne
Reply to
Tom Horne