Coaxial Spliter/Adatpr

Does anyone know if a product exists that will take a TV cable coaxial line input and provide an output for video, stereo left audio and stereo right audio? These are the bananna plug jacks. I can't seem to find this.

Reply to
Dan

A TV tuner.

Usually bundled with either a) A television screen, b) A tape recorder, or c) a DVD recorder.

Just buy the cheapest Hifi VCR you can find, and don't use its record/playback ability.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

"A TV tuner.

Usually bundled with either a) A television screen, b) A tape recorder, or c) a DVD recorder.

Just buy the cheapest Hifi VCR you can find, and don't use its record/playback ability."

Read the question again. Not sure if you understood.

Reply to
Dvs109navy33

Ok, let me rephrase. An RF modulator converts audio and video signals to a normal VHF TV signal. This way you can hook up a DVD player or camcorder to older TV's withought A/V inputs. What I want to know is there a device similar but goes in reverse? It would take the VHF TV signal and break it up into its A/V components.

Reply to
Dvs109navy33

I think I probably did. The device you refer to in you subsequent post is not just an inverse of the one you want here, because in this case there has to be a way of selecting the channel that you want to receive.

On the face of it, such a device would have a rather limited market, and thereby be correspondingly expensive. Hence my proposed solution.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

called a demodulator.

Sylvia's advice is indeed the best (unless your application is at a cable company's "head end" or something similar)

you can get a TV card for a computer that will have the same effect.

Reply to
TimPerry