Code approved grounding.

The majority of the outlets in my house are two-prong type. I am currently transforming a spare bedroom into an office and I think that it is necessary
to upgrade the wall sockets to a three-prong distribution. The reason is that I am going to have some electronics equipment around, a couple computers, printers etc. and I know for a fact that many power supplies in PCs are using the ground wire as part of the transient suppression scheme. What is the best way to add a ground wire to the four outlets I have? I examine the present house wiring scheme (build 1965, area: California) and I noticed that the ground wires are connected to water pipes by means of suitable clamps. Is this method still acceptable? Thanks, Gene

necessary
Better check locally for your answers. Best bet for the new loads is to run new grounded circuits that are separate from the rest of the home's loads.
As for grounding, the water BONDING is still required and is NOT an ground. There is usually an grounding electrode. Since CA has several different climates and authorities you could have an UFER ground in the footing or you might have an ground rod driven for you service ground. Better check locally for the right regs and methods
MA8:'B(F*DI.4E9:7F)F:HJ.DI::GJ*FJLK.TM;:WN+FZPL/$Q<;'R,G*TM/4 MU=;7V-G:XN/DY>;GZ.GJ\O/T]?;W^/GZ_]H`# ,!``(1`Q$`/P#O:***XC\U #/__9 ` end