Contactor coil: 50 Hz vs. 60 Hz

I may be able to obtain a very small 2-pole 240 vac contactor I need rated for 50 Hz only.

If I install it in N. America, what's the implication? Is the hold-in magnetism less than if it were 60 Hz? Just noisy?

Please don't ask or suggest other sources. This is a very specific device and I've not been able to locate other than this.

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
DaveC

John Fields

no, only the L component of the impedance will be 1.2 times as high.

these are the kind of 'solutions' that happen when people dont put the relevant numbers to things.

Reply to
NT

Reply to
John Fields

What's the inductance while closed?

Reply to
David Lesher

Reply to
John Fields

Well, I guess that depends on what you mean by "real interest" - I'd be interested in seeing your experimental results, but that's just because I like seeing experimental results. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Reply to