Contactor coil: 50 Hz vs. 60 Hz

I may be able to obtain a very small 2-pole 240 vac contactor I need rated for 50 Hz only.
If I install it in N. America, what's the implication? Is the hold-in
magnetism less than if it were 60 Hz? Just noisy?
Please don't ask or suggest other sources. This is a very specific device and I've not been able to locate other than this.
Thanks, Dave

Not knowing the specifics about the coil makes predicting what will
happen at 60Hz difficult.

no, only the L component of the impedance will be 1.2 times as high.

these are the kind of 'solutions' that happen when people dont put the relevant numbers to things.

Well, that's true, so let's just see how far off I was, by using a
real-world example.

What's the inductance while closed?
On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 02:58:19 +0000 (UTC), David Lesher

--
16 henries, but that measurement was made by closing the armature
manually.
John Fields wrote:

Well, I guess that depends on what you mean by "real interest" - I'd be interested in seeing your experimental results, but that's just because I like seeing experimental results. ;-)
Cheers! Rich
On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 09:49:01 -0700, Rich Grise

--
OK, I'll get on it tomorrow.

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 09:49:01 -0700, Rich Grise

--
OK. :-)

First, in order to measure the coil's unexcited inductance, I set up