CT winding parameters

Hi

In a current transformer if CT ratio is 100/1 A which means it has 100 turns in secondry.Please correct it. From the data sheet how to calculate the winding parameters,i mean winding resistance,inductance and stray capacitance

Reply to
pfaisalbe

What data sheet? possibly a reference to the location of this sheet or a copy of it might help. And then it may not-depending on what frequency range that you are considering. Since many CT's have 5A secondaries there may well be 500 secondary turns for 1 primary (pass through) turn.

Reply to
Don Kelly

|> In a current transformer if CT ratio is 100/1 A which means it has 100 |> turns in secondry.Please |> correct it. From the data sheet how to calculate the winding |> parameters,i mean winding resistance,inductance and stray capacitance |>

| What data sheet? possibly a reference to the location of this sheet or a | copy of it might help. And then it may not-depending on what frequency range | that you are considering. | Since many CT's have 5A secondaries there may well be 500 secondary turns | for 1 primary (pass through) turn.

How does it follow that if it has a 5A secondary, it has 500 turns? Did someone say this was a CT for a 2500A line?

The OP could possibly have implied he is dealing with a 100A line. So why not a 20 turn CT if the secondary is for 5A, as in a 100:5. Of course he seemed to imply a 1A secondary, which I understand to be the norm in Europe.

Reply to
phil-news-nospam