Quiet electric motor for automotive paint polishing?

Hi, Just curious - is there much work being done to design quiet electric motors for power tools? My immediate interest is for a motor for a rotary polisher to polish automotive paint. I know that induction motors (as used for electric fans, for example) would be far too bulky for this purpose.

The specs which are required are circa 2000rpm max, and a torque of about 10 to 15Nm.

Thanks, Skip.

Reply to
skip197