surface light on oven

About two weeks ago my surface LED light on my oven stays on all the time. No effect when I cook...light just won't go off when I turn off any of the top surface elements. Is this a short circuit, or something else going on? Any info appreciated.

Reply to
snow

could be the front panel, the display. it happen to us and we we had it changed s.

Reply to
serfort

| About two weeks ago my surface LED light on my oven stays on all the time. | No effect when I cook...light just won't go off when I turn off any of the | top surface elements. Is this a short circuit, or something else going on?

If this is the type that normally would come on shortly after heat comes on and go off only after the elements cool, then it could be a heat sensor gone bad.

Reply to
phil-news-nospam

When ever I turn on or off any of the four elements the surface light indicator won't go off. It stays on all the time. I call it a dummy light as I think all it indicates is I turned on one of the stove top elements.

Reply to
snow