Real Flight G2 questions

I just bought Great Planes Real Flight G2 from Tower Hobbies and the installation worked great. Anyone else with Real Flight, do you leave your USB Interlink contoller connected all the time or do you unplug it when done?

What is the best view for learning how to fly rc airplanes in Real Flight? I've been using View from behind the airplane.

Thank you, Garry

Reply to
Skytrooper

Garry, I use a double view. The main view is from the ground watching the plane and it is zoomed in a little to better see the plane. Then I have a window opened so that I can have first person view to better keep track of were the plane is. The one thing that I have noticed with realflight is that you can very easily lose were the plane is in relation to the field. The view from the ground to the plane gives you a better realization for actual flying that you will encounter at the field. John

Reply to
John Graham

I guess the reason why you're asking whether we leave the controller plugged in is that sometime the LED stays on even after the computer's switched off. Well, that's what I found on my pc anyway.

If the LED stays on after switching the pc off, I would unplug it and plug it back in and the damn LED would light up again. Unless you're worried about the LED burning out (which it won't), I would leave it plugged in always.

The only time I unplug it is when it conflicts with my joystick in other flight sims.

Cheers,

Eric

Reply to
Eric W

You do have to recheck the 'look at the ground' each time you make any changes to airplane or airport or whenever you turn it on. Andy

We can make a box of wood.....FLY!!

Reply to
RCPILOT48

On 8/18/2003 11:10 PM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:

I use look from the ground with look down active.

A couple of tips for you - 1. Double the VISUAL size of the plane. It still flies the same, but it is A LOT easier to see. 2. If the flying site does not have them, put in a couple of TALL trees (50'+) as reference points for turning onto your final for landing (makes hitting the runway easier).

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

I'll have to try that tip, too. Thanks for the idea. Andy

We can make a box of wood.....FLY!!

Reply to
RCPILOT48

Hmmm, do Real Flight trees have "airlplane magnets" in them like trees at the real field do???

Reply to
Dennis Adamisin

This is an older thread, but that information is priceless! Thank yo for pointing that out; I've had trouble re-locating the option tha makes the G2 pilot perspective realistic... This is one of thos 'features' that presents itself when you do something unrelated (i change fields)

-- Jasonb339

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jasonb3391's Profile:

this thread:

Jasonb3391

Sadly no 17" monitor 12" in front of your face will give you the wrap-around awareness you (should) have when actually flying: None the less if you can fly G2,you can probably fly the plane!

I find it HARDER than the real thing.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

This was the case, but an upgrade that can be downloaded from the G2 site fixes this problem - eg after the update when 'look at ground' is selected it stays selected until you deselect it

David

Jas> RCPILOT48 Wrote:

Reply to
quietguy