Which servos forG.P. Lancair ARF wing???

Hi Just got this beautiful looking kit.Has any of you installed thinner servos in wing??? The kit calls for std servos glued inside the servo bay to the top wings sheeting....I was thinking maybe it better to use a thinner servo mounted in a more removable way. Anyone do this? Which servo and how?

Thanks for tips Brian

Reply to
brian rivers

I installed sand. servos as call for. I used masking tape around the servo and glued it with 5 min epoxy, it works well. I had to remove one of the servos for a arm change, I cut the tape and removed the servo made the repair pulled the old tape out (it did no damage) rapped new tape around the servo, glued it in and went flying.

Reply to
Walt

A club member used Hitec 81MG servos for his Lancair and it flew beautifully. The 81 is a lot thinner than a standard servo. Sorry I don't know whether he glued them in or not.

Reply to
Normen Strobel

Have seen Hitec ads for a thin servo, ordinarily used in glider wings but looks like would be okay for this application. Voltz makes a similar servo for a similar purpose. I have glued servos in glider wings for many years and don't like the method.

Reply to
John R. Agnew